Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Only Thing Constant is Change!

The times...they are a changin! And boy oh boy are they changing. I made a rather life altering decision this week. At least, that's what it feels like at this point. So let me back up a little and give some background history: so the past couple months I've just kind of been thinking about my major, and I just haven't felt very settled on it, but I just kept going with the program because I didn't know what else to switch to. So the first week of Spring term, first day actually, I went to the math class for El Ed majors at 8 in the morning, and I was like ummm I don't know if I want to do this....so I went to the advisement center in the Wilk and talked with Alberto Puertas- he was like I think you should just drop all your classes and take my career exploration class. Life is full of encertainties, but you want to have 80% known, not 80% unknown. So just try it! And the good thing is about life is you can always make a u-turn! So- I did it! I dropped all my classes and signed up for career exploration, guitar, and german (which i later switched to Spanish and then Family finance) This kind of thing is very unlike me, but it's felt pretty liberating I must say! I feel like I can do anything! The world is full of potential!!!!! Now I just have to decide what exactly it is I want to do....but I'm takin a little leap of faith here and seeing where it takes me!! So let the good times roll! And hope some major or occupation falls into place along the way!

we watched Pocahontas last night (which I have wanted to do for the last like 6 months!!) :
Pocahontas: The ripples.
John Smith: What about them?
Grandmother Willow: So small at first, then look how they grow. But someone has to start them.

Here goes my ripple!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Make those ripples girl!!! (and marry KoKoum while you're at it) (:

    ReplyDelete