Friday, January 21, 2011

Not your average.....wait...

I'm kind of cookie cutter. Ok, really cookie cutter. White bread. you know.

I don't have a problem with that, just kind of a fact of life.

I have, however, prided myself the past few years on not being your average college student. I didn't fall into any of the typical stereotypical college roles (in my mind). I went to bed at a decent hour (most nights) I did my homework at reasonable times, I never skipped class, I spent reasonable hours at the library, I ate healthily, I exercised, I had friends- normal but not typical.
(granted, writing this I'm realizing this may actually be the typical BYU....ignoring that....)

I guess the problem with pride. It has a way of coming back and nipping you in the behind with a dose of humility.

Then this semester. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I'm falling into the "college groove". I prefer staying up later and have a hard time going to bed early, I just eat whatever junk is laying around, I have hardly gone to the library, skipping class is more tempting (I still won't do it, but it sure is tempting these cold winter days), I pretty much just hang out with my roommates.....needless to say I'm falling into a slump. I need to find a ladder.

I have a sneaking suspicion it might have to do with the weather.

Winter- please go away, I need to be a better student. Thanks a ton.

-Kate



I love this picture. And I'm tired.

P.S. I'm trying to blog more. More isn't always more. sorry for the rant :)

3 comments:

  1. NOOOOO....DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ##########################################
    I just built you a really tall ladder to climb out of your rut! I love cookies made out of your cookie cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get really tired during Winter too :) Lame. haha.

    ReplyDelete