Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This could be a problem

We always joke in our family about how we're all night owls because of our dad. Coming to college I realized I am not nearly as much of a night owl as I thought I was. I appreciate, nay require, at least a good seven hours of sleep to function at normal levels, though preferably more. Quantities of smaller proportions produce levels of either severe exhaustion or insanity. Both undesirable, though one provides more enhanced levels of entertainment. If you were beginning to think my jargon sounds as if I've been writing papers, you my friend would be right. And therein lies the cause of this post. I've had ample opportunities today to read my homework and write papers associated with said reading. Did I utilize any of them? No. I waited until after i went running, went to campus, took an hour and a half nap, laid out by the pool, consumed inordinate amounts of cookies dough, attended institute and played (and lost) a good round of hearts with my roommates to concede to my lamenting and break down and do my homework, to find I could finally concentrate enough to produce (arguably) coherent papers. And here lies my night owl parentage problem. I find this burst of energy and inspiration around ten o'clock, that gives me just enough motivation to get what I need to done, when I should be winding down and finishing up my homework. I haven't been inflicted with this condition for a while, and I think I may have discovered its origin.....Summer. yep. My system is used to staying up late this time of year, but it is NOT accustomed to being in school mode. So to compensate, my body somehow finds that I should stay up late to feel like its summer to do homework so it feels like its school. No bueno. I like sleep. So I'm hoping my respite from school in August, despite its brevity will jolt my system back to its focusing capabilities while the sun is out. Until then, to the end I must endure. Come what may and love it eh? Well I'm hoping what is coming is a school free summer next year...THAT i would love. I'm also hoping my future contains more enjoyable English classes. These two are killing me. softly. with his love. oi! bed time!



Have you ever tried scowling and smiling at the same time?? Try it. That's kind of how I'm feeling today....

4 comments:

  1. gurl...I don't understand a thing comin outta yo mouf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what don't you understand?! Imma speaken english.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable. :) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you! Everything you write makes me so happy --even though I lament over your situation!

    ReplyDelete