Thursday, March 8, 2012

I just gotta say...

I feel SOO blessed today!! And I love to record the good days for when those crummy days come along, so I can remember how good life can really be!

Why was it so good you ask? Well I shall tell you. (lots of words. Not so many pics. you have been warned)

So it had the makings for a crummy day seeing as I woke up at 6:52 for my 6:50 carpool- yikes!! But luckily they picked someone else first and came back and got me around 7! Tender mercy: I packed my lunch the night before AND picked out my outfit AND showered. That does not happen often let me tell you. So it made it so I could dart out of bed and zip out the door! (Clarissa woke up to go to the bathroom and I was still in bed and then I was dressed and almost ready when she got out. I am talkin speed!)

The reason I had to be up so early was because I had my second first day of school for the semester! We started our Second Practicum aka the last real obstacle standing between me and an internship or student teaching. Wow. I was feeling REALLY stressed and apprehensive this semester about all the responsibilities of teaching and doing it well etc. But let me tell you, they were all assuaged at school today. I mean I don't think it'll be easy by ANY means, but I feel like I CAN do it and I remembered why I love it. Seriously, teaching is just in my blood. Some days I wished I liked something easy.....like being a doctor.....but alas. ;) (Totally kidding. Being a doctor is killer. I'm glad I'm not a doctor)


I am just in awe and so grateful for our mentor teachers though! I'm in kind of a unique situation because my partner and I teach in a dual immersion program, so we have two mentor teachers and work with 41 kids. Oh and we teach in English and Spanish. So it adds a little extra element of difficulty, but oh how I love it! It amazes me what these kids can do! But one of the teachers is a BYU grad and so she knows what we're going through, and the other is a professional rodeo star who is just the cutest thing ever (and her husband is a professional bull rider- seriously??) . I love them both!


The best part of my day though was probably all our second graders from last semester running up and giving me and Mr. Daniel hugs every time they saw us in the halls! Oh man how I miss those children dearly. It was SO good to see them! And they remembered us! Happy Day!!!
Our new kids haven't quite warmed up to us yet, but they're "cool" third graders, so we have to win their favors a little more. But man oh man do they have crazy names.....

Some highlights:
- they took the kids swimming today! So random!! They all piled onto a bus and drove over to the community pool and they went swimming for like an hour and then we came back to school! So some funny things that happened there
-this one boy comes out from changing EVERY time with his shirt off, probably in hopes someone will be out there for him to show off to....so cute!
-Another boy comes out holding his underwear and was like "MAN! Now I can't wear my underwear cuz they're WET!!" Definitely went commando the rest of the day. bahahahaha

- I introduced myself using a mad lib game and the kids do
a "comments, questions, connections" after anyone shares, so one kid commented "I like how you called us smart" hahahaaha. Then another one said "If you ever get to be a teacher one day, you'll be a good one." SO sweet. Automatic favorite. hahahaha

So just a great day of school!!! And we listened to Taylor Swift on the way up and back! So great!

And to top it off- my sister Elizabeth went and had her baby to celebrate my great day! hahahaha- but I am SOOO happy and excited for her!!! I don't have a name or pictures, but he weighed 8 lbs 6 ozs! So that'll have to do until I do a post sometime bragging on all my ADORABLE nieces and nephews!! Until then.....

I'm going to bed.
And this time I'm actually setting an alarm. :)
(Life Rocks. Get it? hahahaha)

peace and blessins.

No comments:

Post a Comment